Department History

The Department of Mechanical Technology was established in 1994 and was approved by DTE vide letter dated 29th July 1994 Ref:2/NGC/1094/27047 with intake of 40 seats. In 1998, Intake was increased from 60 seats to 180 seats and 60 more seats in second shift.

Department got first approval from AICTE in 1994 vide letter dated 26th July1994 Ref: F.742-89-4/RC94. Intake of the department again increased from 90 seats to 120 seats in 2006.

Prof. Vivek Yakkundi is the current HOD of the department w.e.f.1st October, 2011 till date.

THE FORMER HEADS OF DEPARTMENT

Name

Year

Prof. Vijay Kumar     

1997-2000

Prof. Shahane

2001-2003

Prof. Chandrababu

2004-2005

Dr. V. K. Sunnapwar

2006-2007

Prof. Vijay Kumar

2007-2010

Dr. Vivek Yakkundi

2011- till date

Hits: 1466