The department of communication skills has been a small department in terms of quantity but certainly not in quality. The department faculty tries to contribute in every possible manner towards the overall development of the institute. We have a systematic functioning, discipline and maintain decorum.
The department heads towards academic excellence and the results for all previous years have never fallen below 90% as the result data shows. The dept has also planned a number of activities like seminar and workshops for faculty development.
02. Department brief:
The department of communication skills has been actively participating and contributing towards the overall personality development of the students, handling subjects like communication skills, presentation and communication techniques and organizational behavior and soft skills at the first year, second year and post graduate level respectively.
The department has two laboratories and one language lab with arrangement for group discussions, interview techniques and arrangement for computer aided presentations.
There is arrangement for conducting workshops for interpersonal skills and training for public speaking. The department also guides the students to work on their technical writing projects.
The faculty has contributed towards the academic thrust upgrading the teaching learning process making significant contribution at National and International Seminars and Conferences.
The faculty has also contributed their services to
The department has been helping the training and placement department in conducting training for campus recruitment from time to time, which has given significant results.
The department faculty has conducted workshops, seminars and courses at the college level, university level and at the company level.
The department has a language laboratory with ten terminals of computer version-“Eyespeak” the latest version of linguaphone with books, CDs and software to upgrade the language skills of the students as well as other enthusiastic learners. It is a self learning system with perfect evaluation techniques.
The department laboratories are also well equipped with Computers in each laboratory and LCD to support the presentations in the department.
03. Infrastructure and facilities:
- The department has 03 rooms.
- The rooms are equipped with three tables each and 22 chairs, in order to conduct tutorials and workshops.
- Each room can accommodate one batch of 22 students at a time.
- The department has blackboards which assist in presentations.
- There are book racks to accommodate the reports made by the second year students for technical writing and presentations.
- The department has computer facility in each room which assists in power point presentations. L.C.D. and overhead projectors are arranged during presentation sessions.
- The furniture arrangement also facilitates the conduction of group discussions and Interviews.
- The Interpersonal skills workshops are also arranged for the second year and post graduate students.
- Mock meetings and their documentation is also prepared to train the students for the corporate world.
- A number of exercises are done on vocabulary, comprehension and summarization which prepare the young students for their examination as well as for various competitive examinations.
- In the Practical sessions, Group Discussions, Presentations and Interviews are conducted where the students are trained to perform well in interviews and be equipped with the necessary soft skills to sustain in the corporate industry.