Dress Code : The students admitted to the institute must attend the classes and academic activities in the uniform prescribed by the college authorities. Students need to follow the uniform code strictly.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in these Rules, if the Govt. takes any policy decision pertaining to First Year admissions, then the same shall be brought in to effect; at that point of time as per the directives issued by the Govt. from time to time.
- The students while studying in the college, if found indulging in anti-national activities contrary to the provisions of Acts and Laws enforced by the Government or in any activity contrary to the rules of discipline, will be liable to be expelled from the college without any notice by the Principal of the college.
Action against Ragging : Maharashtra Prohibition of Ragging Act 1999 which is in effect from 15th May 1999 has the following provisions for Action against Ragging:-
- Ragging within or outside of any educational institution is prohibited.
- Whosoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets. Or propagates ragging within or outside any educational institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term up to 2 years and/or penalty which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
- Any student convicted of an offence of ragging shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian or a teacher of an educational institution complaints, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of the educational institution shall without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaint, and if, prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, and shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for further action. Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is found that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received; he/she shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complainant. The decision of the head of the educational institution shall be final.
- If the Head of the educational institution fails or neglects to act in the manner specified in the section ‘6.3.4’ above when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence and shall, on conviction, be punished as provided for in section ’6.3.2’ above.
- If any of the statement made in application form, or any information supplied by the candidate in connection with his or her admission at any time later, is found to be false or incorrect, his or her admission will be cancelled, fees forfeited and he or she may be expelled from the college by the Principal. An appeal against the order of expulsion, however, may be preferred within 7 days to the Director of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai, whose decision in such cases will be final.