The Department of Mechanical Technology was established in 1994 and was approved by DTE vide letter dated 29th July 1994 Ref:2/NGC/1094/27047 with intake of 40 seats. In 1998, Intake was increased from 60 seats to 90 seats.
Department got first approval from AICTE in 1994 vide letter dated 26th July1994 Ref: F.742-89-4/RC94 . Intake of the department again increased from 90 seats to 120 seats in 2006.
Prof. Vijoy Kumar is the current HOD of the department w.e.f.1st October, 2009 till date.