Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. and M.E.
1. Candidate who have completed their ME/ME (by research)/M.Tech. in respective branches are eligible to register for Ph.D. programme.
2. Candidates who have completed their BE/B.Tech./AMIE in respective branches are eligible to register for ME by research programme.
3. The proceedings of registration towards these research degrees will be executed as per the conditions laid down in the respective ordinances of RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
4. Candidate has to pay the requisite amount of fees at the center of research every year during the perusal of his / her research work.
5. Candidate should contact the respective guide three months in advance from the last date of registration as prescribed by RTM Nagpur university depending upon his area of interest amongst the registered guides at the center of research recognized guide of RTM Nagpur University with one faculty member of the department as coordinator.
6. Candidate has to carry out cursory literature survey and submit the synopsis in consultation with the guide 15 days prior to the last date of registration i.e. 15th July and 15th January.
7. The synopsis has to be submitted along with the prescribed form duly signed by the guide and forwarded by the HOD and Principal to the RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
8. The candidate has to deliver the pre registration seminar preferably in the first week of January/July before applying for registration at RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
9. The progress review seminar will be held twice in a year preferably in the first or second week of July and January.
10. Depending upon the extent of the work done the duration of research work can be extended with the approval of RRC committee.
11. Publication of one paper in international journal, two in international conferences (referred)/national journals of repute will be the minimum requirement for the submission of thesis (Ph.D.)
12. For ME (by research) publication of one paper in international conference and one in national journal (communicated) of repute will be the minimum requirement for the submission of thesis.
13. ME by research candidates should attend refresher courses of at least two weeks related to the area of research during the perusal of the programme.